A number of guidelines for the management of hypertension have been issued in recent years by several scientific societies. Guidelines evaluate and summarize published scientific evidence in order to assist doctors in applying the most appropriate management strategies for hypertensive patients. However, for a consistent number of topics there is still a low level of evidence, since many important questions related to diagnosis and treatment of hypertension have not been addressed so far by randomized clinical trials. Hence, controversial indications and missing issues still exist and should be properly analysed and discussed on the basis of the most recent clinical research studies.
Therefore, the European Society of Hypertension (ESH), which has published the 2018 Guidelines for the management of arterial hypertension together with the European Society of Cardiology, will organize two webinars on ‘Controversial and missing issues of recent hypertension guidelines’ with special focus on the following topics:
• Need for a more precise diagnosis of hypertension and of the associated risk with optimal use of out of office blood pressure measurement devices
• How to proceed for accurate diagnosis of secondary forms of hypertension
• Most effective treatment of hypertension, focusing on updated thresholds and targets of therapy, adherence to therapeutical prescription, best combination of drugs in different subgroups of patients, new possible indications for device based therapy
• Assessment and management of total cardiovascular risk in hypertensive patients, with an update on the use of new drugs effective for the control of associated risk factors and clinical complications
• Antihypertensive treatment during the still ongoing dramatic Covid-19 pandemic
The webinars will be made possible with an unconditioned support by Menarini Group and the technical organization of AIM Group International.
Prepare yourself, stay connected, enjoy the live and make the most of it!